Sunday, June 27, 2010

We Are All Accelerated Readers

As I'm sure I've made apparent already, I am a very avid reader. So I wanted to share some of my favorite books, all of which I highly recommend reading if you have not already.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Dharma Bums (1958) - This is another semi autobiographical tale of Kerouac's adventures on the road. I felt that this one especially makes one want to throw aside the conventions of American society as you witness Kerouac struggling against them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Great Gatsby (1925) - I think that this has continually been one of my favorites because I felt that Fitzgerald wrote the characters so well that it was easy for me to sympathize with them.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (1999) - I have read this novel more times than any other. As a "wallflower" myself, I always felt that I understood the way that Charlie thought about the world around him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Picture of Dorian Gray (1890) - I think that one of the many reasons why this is one of my favorites is because for some reason I just love witnessing a main character's downfall. I think I enjoy the reminder that no one is perfect.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sherlock Holmes (1887-1927) - I have read every single one of Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. I can't help but love how quirky, intelligent, and witty the character of Sherlock Holmes is.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A Separate Peace (1959) - I always felt that this was one of the most tragic coming of age tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment